Implemented by Imbuto Foundation, in partnership with UNFPA, MINIYOUTH and KOICA, the Innovation Accelerator (iAccelerator) is a mentorship driven acceleration programme which aims at promoting an entrepreneurial spirit among youth and encourages them to think critically and creatively on issues related to sexual reproductive health.
The iAccelerator seeks to generate innovative, youth-led solutions for youth in Rwanda, to have increased utilization of health services and adopt healthy and safe attitudes and behaviors.
Rwanda Demographic & Health Survey (DHS) report indicated that the teenage pregnancy rate slightly increased from 6.1% in 2010 to 7.3% in 2015. At age 19, 1 in 5 girls became teen mothers or began childbearing.
The iAccelerator will start with a countrywide selection of sustainable and scalable youth-friendly SRH projects. The top 3 projects will win a grant, as well as access to 3 months of training & mentorship
Seed funding: USD 10,000
Focus market: Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH)
Challenge to solve: “Availing Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health information & services as a way of preventing teenage pregnancies.”
- Engaging men/boys in the prevention of teenage pregnancies
- Gaining the support of teenage parents through their experiences
- Finding inclusive solutions for vulnerable groups e.g. people with disabilities
The applications will be open from 20 September 2019 and close on 20 October 2019 at 11:59pm.
- Male & female youth that are passionate in creating solutions towards sexual reproductive health in their communities.
- All Rwandan Nationals and Residents of Rwanda.
- 18 to 30 years